Sunday, April 12, 2009

Suburbain Self with Kite


Here's to the memory of two years!
The blurry image above is a destroyed version of this painting (I took it at night, hence the yellow blurriness). I decided that the background wasn't working with the head and so had to be toned down. But also, I painted the above at a point when I was going a bit crazy, and once I got back to the picture I realized that the mood of it had also had to change, to reflect my more calm state of mind at the time. Further, I wanted it to be a bit more hopeful - so I added "a kite" to hold onto. And that's that!
p.s. I had quite the trouble with the midtones on this face; they had to be repainted a kazillion amount of times, so as to work properly with the background, which I also kept changing. It was a bit of a pain, but hey, I'm learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home